Listed in Voice Therapy
Jordan Jakomin (he/him), is a board-certified speech-language pathologist and owner of Jordan Ross Communication, an online private practice specialized in helping trans and non-binary individuals find their authentic voice and communicate with confidence.
Jordan’s career and love for travel has led him to work with children and adults in schools, hospitals, and private practice clinics across the United States, Spain, and Brazil. As a queer speech-language pathologist, Jordan strives to continually educate himself and be an advocate for the LGBTQIA+ community.
He holds a certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA) and is an active member of the World Professional Organization of Transgender Health (WPATH).
Jordan believes in the importance of connecting with other healthcare professionals around the world who are involved in transgender healthcare, to learn and grow from one another. To that end he has teamed up with GenderGP to offer two interactive workshops.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Transgender Voice and Communication Training for Voice Clinicians 2017: Chicago, USA (Sandy Hirsch, MS CCC-SLP, Leah Helou PhD, CCC-SLP and Christie Block, MA, MS, CCC-SLP)
- Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy (Katherine Verdolini Abbott, PhD, CCC-SLP)
- Theater Voice & Speech Training Methods for Working with Gender-Diverse Clients: Chicago Voice Center (Diane Robinson)
- The LoVetri Institute for Somatic Voiceworktm Level 1 in conjunction with Baldwin Wallace University (Jeannette LoVetri)
- Gender Affirming Voice Training: A Course for Voice Clinicians 2021 (Sandy Hirsch, MS CCC-SLP, Leah Helou PhD, CCC-SLP, Christie Block, MA, MS, CCC-SLP, with AC Goldberg, PhD, CCC-SLP
- World Professional Organization of Transgender Health (WPATH)
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Types of Sessions:
The Authentic Voice Intensive: 6-week workshop
- Week 1: Self-Assessment, Vocal Health
- Week 2: Breath Support, Alignment
- Week 3: Pitch, Resonance
- Week 4: Intonation
- Week 5: Articulation, Volume
- Week 6: Vocal Actions (laughing, coughing, sneezing), Body Language
Workshop A: Introduction to Voice and Communication Across the Gender Spectrum
This is an interactive workshop to inform and educate trans and nonbinary individuals about how voice and communication services may help them achieve a voice that aligns with their unique identity and expression. Jordan will introduce participants to various topics: pitch, resonance, intonation, breath support, and vocal actions (laughing, coughing).
Workshop B: Pitch & Intonation Intensive Workshop
A 1-hour intensive workshop exploring pitch and intonation exercises across the gender spectrum. Workshop participants will be guided through techniques on how to measure pitch and ways to be expressive while staying in their unique pitch range.
Sign Language: No