Gender Specialist Counsellor
Jayne Olden, Dip Couns MBACP, Dip Hyp GHR
As a fully qualified Counsellor and Clinical Hypnotherapist, with a certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling, Jayne is highly experienced in the field of transgender care. She has been with GenderGP for four years.
Jayne was inspired to specialise in this particular branch of therapy as a result of her close friendship with her colleague, and GenderGP’s Lead therapist, Marianne Oakes. Jayne has worked closely with Marianne and her family and has experienced first hand some of the challenges that come with transition. Jayne loves to work with people of all ages and has a particular affinity with trans youths and their families. Jayne looks to get the best out of them by providing a safe, confidential space, where they can communicate their feelings and feel listened to.
Jayne works with a wide range of people at all levels and has a lot of experience with those who have learning difficulties and who might be suffering from depression, anxiety, grief, loss or trauma. Her work with Hypnotherapy has proven successful in helping clients to overcome needle phobia, eating disorders and stopping smoking. She not only works with trans individuals but also their families and loved ones, when they need help and support.
9am – 7pm Monday to Friday (Jayne does have some availability outside of these hours on request).
- Professional Counselling Diploma Level 5.
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Diploma Level 4.
- Smoking Cessation Specialist.
- Weight Management Specialist.
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Diploma.
- Couples and relationship Counselling.
- Trauma Certificate.
- Registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapist).
- Registered member of the GHR (General Hypnotherapy Register).