Gender Specialist Counsellor
Tilly has been a qualified counsellor since 1986 so her involvement with sexual and gender diversity started well before words like ‘gay’ or ‘trans’ were used or widely understood.
She has a wealth of experience as a GSRD (Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversities) Therapist which she brings to the GenderGP family. She initially worked with survivors of child sexual abuse but her energy and commitment to therapy-for-all took her on a path of continuous professional development.
She has had a diverse career. This has included supporting offenders and addicts in prison and working as a Needs Assessor for the Open University.
Trained as a person-centred counsellor, Tilly has, over the years, combined this work with research into autism, dyslexia, speech and language, and mental health. She believes that understanding these conditions and the associated difficulties has complemented her holistic approach as a counsellor and therapist.
Tilly continues in private practice but the primary focus of her work now is in relationships, gender and sexual diversity.
Tilly works with children and adults. She has an ability to put people at ease so that they feel able to talk freely and without judgement. She welcomes clients struggling with anxiety, depression, grief, trauma, relationship and behavioural issues.
11am – 6pm Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- Counselling Supervision (Cambridge 2008).
- Psychologist and Psychometrist (Cambridge Dept. of Psychiatry 1996).
- Diploma (Dist.) Erickssonian Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (BHR) 1995.
- Diploma (Dist.) NLP and Cognitive Therapy (BHR) 1995.
- Diploma, Counselling Skills & Theory (CST; 1993/94).
- BA (Hons) Psychology 1986.
- GSRDT (Pink Therapy, BACP).
- MAiiP Individual Psychology and Adlerian Counselling Therapist.
- Post Grad Member British Psychological Society M031345.
- British Dyslexia Association.
- Adlerian Society for Counselling and Supervision.