Clinical Governance Manager
Learning opportunities for development – courses.
We are GenderGP, a Health and Wellbeing telehealth service that provides support, care and education to the trans and non-binary community and those who support them.
We are not just casting aside barriers, rewriting the narrative, and changing the vision for transgender healthcare, but we are on a mission to be the most streamlined and innovative telehealth company, e-learning resource, and digital care model for the trans and non-binary health sector in the world. We currently support more than 9000 members in more than 40 countries.
You will work alongside the Head of Healthcare and be a primary point of contact for the CEO:
- Working alongside the Head of Healthcare to develop strategies for clinical effectiveness and risk management within the Clinical, Wellbeing and Healthcare Functions.
- Conducting clinical audits on Health and Wellbeing functions, overseeing reviews of protocols in line with evidence and best practice and subsequently working alongside the Head of Healthcare in leading the implementation of new team processes and service delivery workflows as necessary.
- Reviewing relevant third-party publications and keeping up-to-date with developments in transgender healthcare, including guidance published by WPATH, The Endocrine Society and USCF.
- Be the responsible person for risk management and related issues from minor errors to significant events.
- Work with our Research Team and review our Knowledge Bases to ensure best content and information practice.
- Devising Health & Wellbeing education and training packages in line with GenderGP’s ethos suitable for internal and external audiences.
- Liaising with other Team Leads, Team Managers, and stakeholders across all areas of the business to ensure an integrated approach to member care.
- Acting as a central point of contact for the Head of Healthcare, Wellbeing and Clinical team queries related to governance, risk management, and clinical effectiveness.
- Be a change champion to support the company’s move to our internal technology systems, ASH, driving the project forward with positivity and liaising with the ASH team as needed.
- Collaborating with the CEO and Head of Healthcare to set monthly and quarterly goals and targets for the Health & Wellbeing Functions.
- Act as a member of the Product Incubator in terms of clinical standards and risk.
Leadership & Management responsibilities:
As a Team Manager you will be expected to:
- Participate the spirit of inclusivity and positivity, being approachable and considerate at all times.
- Monitor morale and suggest recourse for improving or maintaining good morale.
- Work to develop effective communication with your team and colleagues, sharing best practice, promoting collaboration, and delivering excellence in team care.
- Ensuring that your team retains talent, rewards excellence and offer clear avenues of progression for those that desire it.
- Understanding and communicating business goals and needs to team members.
- Monitor your teams’ performance against agreed objectives, implement plans to enhance performance and ensure corrective action where necessary.
- Identify recruitment needs, working with the Head of Healthcare and People Team to recruit in line with our company’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee the onboarding and offboarding of team members as require.
- Lead your Team Lead in their duties, maintaining regular communication and support.
- Oversee member communications within the team.
- Ensure at all times that any data we hold is relevant, up to date and secure. That all procedures in relation to Data protection are followed in line with company policy as well as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Ensure that all GenderGP team members follow company policies and procedures in relation to health, safety and wellbeing to maintain an inclusive, collaborative environment valuing diversity and our company values of honesty, transparency, empathy and security.
Team Managers should have:
- 10+ years in a Medical field or Clinical Governance background.
- Extensive experience in developing strategies for clinical effectiveness, audit and risk management.
- Proven experience in reviewing Medical protocols in line with evidence and best practice.
- People manager with experience supporting a distributed workforce and the ability to effectively delegate, motivate and lead the team with providing excellence in care.
- Experience in creating and delivering training is an advantage.
- Project management experience.
- Meticulousness with detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills.
- A strong analytical approach to assessing data.
- Ability to understand and communicate business goals and needs to team members.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Continuously improve knowledge of transgender healthcare and contribute to wider team discussion where appropriate.
- Keep on top of current effective administration processes.
- Manage own tax and insurance liabilities.
Accountability and KPIs:
- Hit key efficiency targets to be determined with the CEO.
- To carry out other duties within the scope of the role, as requested.
- Attendance and Availability; providing services as needed for the business within contracted hours and showing flexibility in working patterns to support the business.
- Fully remote.
- Paid wellness days.
- Learning opportunities for development – courses.
- There is potential for career advancement.
- Team working and support in a specialised care environment.
- Opportunity to make a difference, working at the vanguard of social change within transgender healthcare.
To apply for this role, please click the button below.