A lack of education and awareness around trans issues has led to a culture of fear. This hampers safe and effective provision of care for this patient group. Active anti-trans lobbyists have raised unnecessary and unfounded concerns, particularly in relation to trans youth, and this has made regulators very concerned. Although this concern appears in other countries, it seems that the UK is falling behind in understanding the need for equality in healthcare for trans patients.
Looking for something?
- A footballing legend’s take on trans rights – Neville Southall on
- The Waiting List for NHS Gender Identity Clinics: Patients’ Experiences on
- Graphic artist Cammie Sturch on what it’s like to ‘go viral’ on
- Puberty Blockers are Reversible on
- UK media continues to promote climate of fear for trans youth on